Maximilian (born 23 October 1990) is the present Sovereign, reigning since the founding of the nation on 16 July 2010. Prince Maximilian founded Kaharagia as a statement of the right to self-determination.
Prince Maximilian was born in Detroit, Michigan, in the United States where he grew up and went to school. His Royal Highness has a special interest in History and Religious Studies and holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s in History. The Prince is presently unmarried and had no children, His sister, Princess Marie is the heiress presumptive meaning she can be displaced in the line of succession by a child of the Prince. The Prince is a devout Christian and head of the Church of Kaharagia
The Prince’s Role as Head of the Nation
Because of the small size of our nation, the Sovereign had nearly unrestricted power, it is, however, important to note that the Prince believes himself to be an enlightened monarch who rules with the best interests of his people in mind. The Prince is advised by the Council of State, a body made up of influential citizens who help draft laws and offer their opinion to the Prince when it is solicited. The Prince is also the personification of the nation; therefore, he is the premier Representative of the nation.
Titles and Styles
- 16 July 2010 – 20 December 2013: His Serene Highness The Prince of Lichtenberg
- 20 December 2013 – Present: His Royal Highness The Prince of Kaharagia
The Prince’s style and title in full: His Royal Highness Maximilian, By the Grace of God and the Will of the People, Prince of Kaharagia, Lord and Protector of the Kaharagi. The royal “et cetera, et cetera, et cetera” is often added to this title to allude to the Prince’s other titles like his Sovereignty of the royal orders.
- Sovereign and Grand Master of the Illustrious Order of Saint Michael the Archangel
- Sovereign of the Royal Order of the Kaharagian Eagle
- Sovereign of the Civil and Military Order of Merit of Kaharagia
- Knight (Motu Proprio) of the Exalted and August Byzantine Order of the Silver Cross. This order was granted to His Royal Highness The Prince by His Grace The Duke of Marykatos, a noble of the Byzantine Empire